i think i want to see a cartoon about these guys
Omg.. The way the cat slows down to allow the bun to catch up, probably because it knows how much the bun likes to stop and look at stuff
has anyone noticed THAT THE BUNNY IS TRYING TO WALK LIKE THE CAT.
"Walking is so tedious, how do you do it?"
"Leaping about is undignified and exhausting. It’s beneath me."
"Unless you’re chasing the red dot."
"I KEEP MY HOME LIFE AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE SEPARATE."
This made my day
1. I sit at my desk, a pen in hand but the ability to blend words into meaningful sentences has, like you, left me wondering what I can still possibly be good at.
2. I read lots and lots of books, imagining you are He and I am She, stopping only when the two characters are finally joined together. That is when I stop, frowning. I know how this will end and fiction is always neater than reality. It’s unfair, I think to myself over and over.
3. I open up our message thread and re-read past comments, trying to remember what it was like to be loved by you. I hover over the “delete” button but can never muster enough courage to say good-bye so permanently.
4. I stare at old photos of you, trying to find that person, My Person, but instead your eyes look strange and your smile unconvincing.
5. I take long showers, deep condition my hair and shave my legs even though it doesn’t matter as these nights, I sleep alone.
6. I think of taking walks through familiar neighbourhoods to meet new people. I think of smiling at strangers and striking up conversations with elderly walkers. I don’t actually leave the house because missing you is the only activity I’ve signed up for and it’s utterly exhausting.
7. I listen to friends muse over their OkCupid accounts. We laugh and I encourage, pushing them towards imagined scenarios that could become polaroid memories. I imagine what my profile would read. Five Things I Can’t Live Without: Still You. I imagine meeting someone new and feeling their fingers on my skin for the first time. I imagine basking in their admiring glances. I realise I will never love someone the way I loved you. I realise that’s a good thing. I am unsure of why that makes me so sad. I don’t set up an account.
8. I think about messaging your friends just to ask how you are. I try to word things casually, hinting at a friendly demeanor. My best friend reminds me that if you wanted me to know how you were, I would know. I hit backspace until the message is empty. I close the box and Facebook altogether.
9. I cook meals that aren’t anything like the ones we shared. This isn’t on purpose. I use cilantro instead of coriander, bell peppers instead of capsicum. I enjoy each bite, sharing them with the cast of Parks and Rec instead of you.
10. I think about cutting my hair or colouring it pink just so I won’t look like the girl that you used to love. I realise how trite the cliché is. I don’t care and book myself an appointment.